- What are the basic types of tile?
- What is the glazing on a ceramic tile?
- Are unglazed tiles as stain-resistant as glazed tiles?
- What makes up the colour of the glaze?
- What is a porcelain tile?
- Are porcelain and ceramic tiles environmentally friendly?
- What is natural stone?
- Why can’t wall tiles be installed on the floor?
- Does the temperature of the oven affect the hardness of the glaze?
- Can ceramic tile be installed directly over wood sub floors, such as: OSB (oriented strand board), plywood, particle board, masonite and other composed lumber sheeting?
- What are the construction requirements for installing ceramic tile directly over plywood?
- Can tile be installed over existing ceramic tiles?
- Under what conditions can tile be installed directly over vinyl and underlay?
- Why do installation costs vary depending on the material that is being installed?
- Why does the shower sill need to be a solid piece, such as marble?
- What is the average size of a floor joint?
- Will grout stain?
- What can be done to cut down on potential grout staining?
- What does a grout protector do?
- How can grout haze, or a thin film of grout residue, be removed from tile?
- What aesthetic effects will the grout colour that closely matches the tile, have on the area?
- Under what circumstances do you use sanded and un-sanded grout?